Fwd: [CH] New fiery fruit?

Fred Morris (Sooner54@webtv.net)
Thu, 31 May 2001 23:21:48 -0500 (CDT)

--WebTV-Mail-8338-756

Stoney's peppadews are WONDERFUL, but certainly not fiery - I'd give
them a heat rating of 2 or even less.  A travelling friend brought some
back from S. Africa several years ago.  They have a very complex taste,
with pepper and peach coming through the most for me. I wrote them for
their U.S. distributor and they gave me a name (now long lost), but that
outfit never replied to my queries.  Anyone know how to get Stoney's in
the U.S.?  I'd love to have some more.

Incidentally, I have a neat magazine article about them and will send
you a copy if you want to contact me off list.

--WebTV-Mail-8338-756