RE: [CH] Italian Gourmet Pepper

Ces (ces@preferred.com)
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:15:23 -0400

Could it be the Italian roaster?. sounds a little similar. Here's the
description from tomato growers supply: http://www.tomatogrowers.com I grew
these last year and got them mixed up with the "big chile" hybrid which is
supposedly an "improved" Anaheim.

Charlie

Italian Roaster Hybrid - #9160
Expect loads of these long, thin green peppers with just the right amount of
heat to spice up a meal. The 8 to 9 inch long fruit is about 3/4 inch wide
at the shoulder with thin walls that make them perfect for grilling. Just
char on two sides and they’re ready to eat, seeds and all. You can harvest
some as they turn red also. They are particularly good on top of a burger or
other sandwich. Virus resistant, medium-large plants.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Rich McCormack
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 4:30 PM
To: CH List
Subject: [CH] Italian Gourmet Pepper

Earlier this spring, when I was buying plants for my garden,
I bought a couple 4" pots labeled Italian Gourmet pepper.
At the time, I figured it was probably a pepperochini type
chile.  I now have a green pod approaching what seems to be
full size.  It's shapped kinda like a pepperchini (or at
least I think it'd look like a pickled pepperchini if I were
to pickle it) but is closer to the size of a small Anaheim.
Does anyone on the CH list have an idea what it is I'm growing?

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/