Re: [CH] Italian Gourmet Pepper

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 07:46:38 -0700

=Mark wrote:

> Sounds like a cubanelle or what is referred to here in Sopranoland as an
> Italian Frying pepper.  They are thin walled and lighter green than a bell
> pepper and, sad to say, have no heat.

Whatever it is, it reached the size of an Anaheim chile so
I snipped the thing off the plant yesterday (06/06/01) and
gave it a try.  I've heard people mention they sense a "grassy"
taste in green jalapenos.  I don't, but I'd have to say that
was my first impression of this chile...that, and absolutely
no heat.  My wife has expressed her sincere apology for
talking me into buying it.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...