Re: [CH] A little consideration V7 #367

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:05:40 RSA-2

> Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:45:41 -0400
> From: Cameron Begg <begg.4@osu.edu>

Cameron replied to Doug

> I entirely agree. Ironic isn't it that the first person to
> post a one liner message in support of what you said copied
> your entire message back to the list! DUH - now my brian
> really hurts :-)

Kinda tells you something though ;-)

[snip, saves bandwidth, disk space and aggravation]

> And don't write back to say it's no effort to scroll through
> the multiple re-quotes. If that's what you think, then you
> have missed the point.

The point is that there is absolutely no need for it.

The polite and only way for a list reply is to quote as this
example shows. Tacking the complete old orginal message at the
end indicates that no portion of it was quoted and it therefore
serves no useful purpose at all.

Just got to join Cameron and others in asking for people to be a
little more considerate.  It is not much to ask.

On a different note.  Thanks for the rocoto seeds Cameron.
They are waiting for early spring.

Regards
Peter

--
Peter Moss

After one hundred and fifty years and many thousands of firearms
control laws to reduce crime the list of successes should be
long and illustrious.  Where is the list?