R: [CH] Hot, Hot, Hot: Chili Culture in Calabria

Diavolillo (diavolillo@katamail.com)
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 15:11:56 +0200

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Suzanne <suz2@mindspring.com>
A: Diavolillo <diavolillo@katamail.com>
Data: giovedė 14 giugno 2001 15.42
Oggetto: Re: [CH] Hot, Hot, Hot: Chili Culture in Calabria

>Michele,
>Hi!  I have a friend from Bari.  Unfortunately she moved to California so I
>don't get to see her very often.  I thought it was interesting to see the
>city name again so just wanted to drop a hello.
>take care,
>Suz
>(in Georgia)
>
>Where I live people prepare a piquant sauce only drying ,by summer hot sun
rays, cherry tomato juice, with all the seeds and peels, adding some hot
pepper. When the process of drying was settled, you saute some onions in
olive oil and add these to the paste of dried mix of chiles and tomatoes(if
you want add basil too), then put in jars and cover the surface with
oil.This seasonig is a ingredient, together with concentrated tomato sauce
a particularly dehydrated tomato sauce in Italy called "concentrato di
pomodoro"), of italian recipe "Ragų alla napoletana".
"Prikko prakk" is a sauce of variable heat made, usually, by mix of  sweet
and hot raw peppers (chopped and pickled with vinegar) with garlic and basil
, in olive oil.
"N'duja" is a very hot sausage, traditionally made on the hills of
"Appennino calabrese", with two parts( by weight) of pork ground
eat( traditionally, but nowadays not necessarily, liver and other
chitterlings) and one part of ground dried chiles.
ciao
Michele