Re: [CH] Ewwwwwww!

Matt Prerost (mprerost@mindspring.com)
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:01:54 -0500

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:11:10 -0500, you wrote:

>Hey, Chad -
>   It was such a letdown.  I wanted a nice hot sauce, and ended up with
>something more suitable to be used on pancakes.  I have grown jalapenos that
>were twice as hot, for heaven's sake.
>
>Grrrrr.   ;o)
>
>Peg
>sundevilpeg@hotmail.com

I am growing some peppers that are called "Jamaican Red Scotch
Bonnets".  I grew them last year as well.  They look like this

http://www.chileplants.com/jamred.jpg

Well anyway the first few pods I got off them last year were really
really weak.  No heat at all.  But the rest of the harvest was hot as
hell.  Could it be this is what is happening to yours?  Maybe yours
well pick up in heat level.

Have you thought about turning them into powder then putting the
powder in the sauce?  That would add a little more kick with less
liquid wouldn't it?

Good luck in making your sauce

Matt