Re: [CH] Ewwwwwww!

peg wolfe (sundevilpeg@hotmail.com)
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:38:00 -0500

Hi, Matt.  I must admit that those lil' guys look lethal.  Very pretty, if
deadly!

Thing is, I'm not growing SB's;  though you can find a broad array of pepper
plants in nurseries around here, I've yet to see a Bonnet, either orrange or
red.  I have a fruit and veggie market not too far drom me that carries just
about any kind of fruit and veggie you can imagine, see, and it caters to a
clientele comprised largely of folks from the Carribean - that's where I
bought 'em.  It's where I get my jerk paste and some of the hottest
fruit-based table sauces that have ever burned a hole through your tongue.
Just assumed that they'd be an 11 on a ten scale. D'oh!

I do, however, have 5 orange hab plants, among other things, so I should be
good to go pretty soon, thank heavens.  I'll just stick to pico de gallo and
my standard repertoire of chilpotle-based cooked salsas til then.  Besides,
the Michigan peaches will be appearing in the farmers markets here
concurrent with my now-tiny habs ripening, and peaches are soooooooooooo
much easier (and less dangerous) to cut up than mangos.  ;o)

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep your red guys in mind.

- peg w.
sundevilpeg@hotmail.com