[CH] Re: More Notes from the South

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:05:24

>From: Rockin' Randy <ledbelly99@yahoo.com>

>Alex brought me his mixture of Smoked Hab and Salt.  I'm still
>carrying it in my pocket in it's handy container.

BTW that container came from a Japanese grocery - it had a seasoned hot
pepper mix called (probably get this wrong) nanami togarashi.  It's a small
bottle, more slender than a Tabasco bottle, and the shaker top has just one
large hole that can pass fairly large flakes.

My sister just gave me a jar of "pimenton ahumado" from the BADIA line of
seasonings.  It's a moderately hot smoked paprika.  *sigh* I wonder if the
packing plant has tours...

- A