Re: [CH] Indian PC-1 peppers

Uncle_Dirty_Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sat, 07 Jul 2001 08:38:54 -0500

Grant wrote:

>             I was wondering before I waste a lot of time and effort trying
> to find the seeds, has anyone tried the Indian peppers that are supposed to
> have beaten out the Red Savina's for heat ? Reimers won't have the seed
> until fall and I haven't sent my order off to Redwood seed company yet. I
> was real curious to see what true chile heads think of the pepper's heat.
> Any info on heat/growing tips/ seed sources would be appreciated ....

The hotter than Savina claim has been pretty thoroughly trashed here and
in Chile Pepper magazine. According to Dr. Paul Bosland, head of the
Chile Pepper Institute at the University of New Mexico.... no how, no
way!!!

The Indian peppers may be hot - but likely are not in the same league
with Red Savina, Francesca, etc. super habaneros.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider