[CH] Re: Habs in SoCal

Scudder, Doug (doug@smbsd.k12.ca.us)
Sat, 07 Jul 2001 10:41:48 -0700

At 05:01 AM 7/7/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Habaneros...i cannot remember the kind, but will look later.  i live in
>southern california, orange county, and a friends mother from the Yucatan
>said they would not grow too well here because it needs to be HOT HOT!!!

They (Habs) should grow very well in Orange County.  The Red Savina
Habanero that made it into the Guinness Book was grown in Ventura County,
just a bit north of you.  I grow Habs in Lompoc (even further north), but
the heat has never equaled Habs grown even a little further inland.

In Chiles,
Doug

P.S. O.T. Lompoc has been assigned it's own vinticultural area, Santa Rita
Hills.  Look for it on a wine bottle near you.  (Just a little local pride).