RE: [CH] New Yuc...

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:59:14 -0400

At 04:54 PM 7/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>We were at the El Burrito Mercado in the St. Paul Hispanic section and as is
>my wont, I was checking out sauces.  I found the El Yucky chipotle sauce and
>bought a bottle on your reccommendation.
>
>Initially, with just the finger-dipped-in-the-bottle test, I'm not
>impressed.  Tasted more sweet to me than like chilpotles.  Not very smokey -
>I like smokey.
>
>However, I'm going to reserve judgement and try the stuff on a few things.
>Only fair.

I never stated that it was face flushing hot, but that it had a nice glow.
To tell you the truth I've yet to find a commercial chipotle sauce that
does justice to the flavor and heat of a chipotle.  They all seem less
smoky and less hot than the real thing.

My solution is to use canned chipotles in adobo and wirr it up in a food
processor with a little peanut oil and cider vinegar and black pepper.
It's a great all around sauce that will cause you to break a sweat and
prominently features the smoky flavor of the chipotles.  It's really good
as a marinade for grilled portabella mushrooms.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                         Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac...

           Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a Dog.