Re: [CH] Couple first time grower questions

RisaG (radiorlg@home.com)
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:09:01 -0400

IMHO, Cayenne are better red and ripe. But you can try them green. I like
them both ways.

The dark spot on your jalapenos are probably sunburn. I have them on most of
my Ring of Fire. It is no problem. They will ripen just fine.

RisaG, Zone 6, NJ

Risa's Food Service
http://www.geocities.com/radiorlg
Updated 6/30/01
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Ducker" <cj5b@yahoo.com>
To: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 3:55 PM
Subject: [CH] Couple first time grower questions

First, my Cayenne peppers are growing great, they're about 5..maybe 6 inches
long, but are still green.  Do I wait to pick them until they turn red?
Now, my first Jal that was about two inches long turned black on one side,
why?  The others are still small, like under 1".  Just want to make sure
they're ok.  Thanks.