Re: [CH] Couple first time grower questions

Matt Prerost (mprerost@home.com)
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:14:05 -0500

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:09:01 -0400, you wrote:

>The dark spot on your jalapenos are probably sunburn. I have them on most of
>my Ring of Fire. It is no problem. They will ripen just fine.
>
>RisaG, Zone 6, NJ
>
>Risa's Food Service
>http://www.geocities.com/radiorlg
>Updated 6/30/01

I'm thinking the jalapenos are just starting to turn red.  He didn't
mention any other changes in the appearance or form of the peppers.
This being his first year he is probably paranoid of something
happening to his pods.

What exactly is sunburn on pepper?  "The Pepper Garden" book doesn't
mention it.  It mentions sunscald which I have unfortunately
encountered on many occasions, mainly on tomatoes.  I done a quick
search for it hoping to find some pictures to no avail.  Some sites
did mention certain larger type peppers being resistant.

So is there any pod heads with links to pictures of peppers with
sunburn?

Matt