Re: [CH] Dedicated Grills (was Aji Amarillo/PB/Almost Hot Luck)

Matt Prerost (mprerost@home.com)
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:07:23 -0500

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:45:09 -0000, you wrote:

>> I think you hit it on the head with the statement "careful cleaning".
>> That's not always something people (me included) take the time
>> and effort to do.
>
>   Too true.  My "method" produces a sparkling clean smoker prior
>to each use.  It goes something like...
>
>1)  Use smoker to create any delicious item.
>2)  Place back in garage after it cools.
>3)  Make mental note to clean it up tomorrow.
>4)  Forget to empty water/drip pan.
>5)  Lose the mental note.
>--- passage of time, length indeterminate ---
>6)  Get ready to smoke another delicious item.
>7)  Discover the science project in the garage.
>8)  Initiate thorough scrubbing/degreasing/sanitization.
>9)  Make a solemn vow to never let this happen again.
>10)  Repeat.
>
>Yeah, I know it sounds pretty bad.  But once it goes into
>the garage, the smoker hits the "outta sight - outta mind"
>dimension.  Maybe if I used the garage for more than storage...
>
>Scott... KCK

Well at least you can use the excuse that it is hidden in your garage.
I walk by mine every day on the way to my garden.  But I am improving
a bit.  I dumped out my water pan only three days after I smoked some
cheddar cheese the other day.  Also I bought one of those containers
you put a keg and ice in to soak my grills and water pan.  Which eases
the pain a bit with the scrubbing.

Matt