Re: [CH] Chile-head wannabe

RisaG (radiorlg@home.com)
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:15:20 -0400

Sounds like you are doing pretty well - Habaneros, serranos, jalapenos,
cayenne,  and Caribbean red. Tomatillos, altho' not hot, make a fabulous
salsa. Check the archives - lots of recipes.

I started with the jalapenos on the nachos at Chi-Chi's and with the chile
paste at restaurants in Chinatown. Everyone starts somewhere.

My first year growing from seed, I grew Anaheim, Poblanos and Jalapenos and
was very happy.

Yes, you will be swimming in peppers in the next week or two. Chop them up
and freeze them or dry them. Make powder with the dry ones. Cook with them,
obviously, salsas, chili, green chile stew, chinese food, thai food, Mexican
food. Yikes, so much to do with chiles.

Go to

http://www.pepperfool.com/recipes/risag_idx.html
(me)

http://www.pepperfool.com/recipe_home.html
(Doug Irvine)

http://www.pepperfool.com
(click on Recipes for everyone elses recipes)

This will just get you started.

RisaG

Risa's Food Service
http://www.geocities.com/radiorlg