Re: [CH] Fire & Ice

Myron Menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 06:44:03 -0400

There are numerous "Fire & Ice" concoctions! My favorite:

Soften a half-gallon of vanilla ice cream. Mix in thoroughly as many
minced jals or habs as you dare. Refreeze. Serve and enjoy! Perfect
dessert for a Tex-Mex dinner!

"Express" version...just sprinkle the minced chiles over a bowl of
vanilla ice cream!

Myron

Paul Karpowicz wrote:

> To All Pods On This List,
>      AM I the only one who likes "Fire & Ice"??
> >green, CH #2156 writes
> >Think I'd rather try the vodka and peepers.
> Recipe to change your (& others ) opinion,
>
> Gather the following:
> Extremely hot peppers (i.e. Habs/Red Savinas)
> Plastic "Nip" bottles of your favorite Vodka
> (bein' a knuckle-dragger mine's the cheapest I can buy)
>
> Slice pepper as thin as possible.
> Open nip and put as much pepper in bottle AS YOU DARE!
> Put nip in freezer for 2/4 weeks.
> On a really hot & humid day (like L.B. hasn't experienced this year) take
> nip out of freezer....remove cap.....place nip opening between lips....
> squeeze nip!!!!!  As the frozen vodka chills your innards the heat from
> peppers increases sweat production.

Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
myronm@bellsouth.net     |
              I'd rather be singing!        |     |