RE: [CH] St. Croix Serrano Ale

Luke Speer (lukasz@midcoast.com.au)
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 22:06:49 +1000

3/08/01 7:52:37 AM, "Boulden, Randy" <RBoulden@natco-us.com> wrote:

>One of my closest friends is from northern Greece.  He said when he was a
>kid, everybody made their own ouzo, except it was illegal and about 160
>proof.  Much snippage..
Here in Oz the Govt has cracked down on firearm ownership but according to our customs and excise
people (your BATF) Verbatim source we can distill our own alcohol,
(Proviso is that we don't sell it) ..
so thats why our local shooting club has become the #%#% Pistol and Gourmet club , 2 of our members run
Reflux stills which produce 8 litres/qts  of 80-90% pure spirit from 15 kg's/36lbs? Sugar and 2 sachets of
turbo Yeast.. This produces Pure Spirit, Both are talking of making Pot Stills in the Future, These are the
sort that are used to make Slivovitz(Plum Brandy) etc, they transfer the alcohol and flavour over at a lower
strength. This could be interesting from a Chile-Head point of view as to making a Chile Hooch..
As soon as one of them makes the still I will try a batch of Chiles..
Are there any Moonshiners on the list that have maybe done this before??

Luke in oz