Fwd: RE: [CH] Dave DeWitt spam?/Reply From Luke in Oz

Luke Speer (lukasz@midcoast.com.au)
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 22:10:17 +1000

See Heads Dave is a Nice Guy..

From: "Dave DeWitt" <chile@fiery-foods.com>
To: "Luke Speer" <lukasz@midcoast.com.au>
Subject: RE: [CH] Dave DeWitt spam?/Reply From Luke in Oz
Date: 3/08/01 7:42:59 PM

Hello Luke:

I have the best results growing chiltepins in containers.  Small-podded
plants do very well, and it's easy to control the fertilizing.  Use a
neutral potting soil, not garden soil and make sure it drains well.  They
like semi shady conditions.

If growing in the ground, make sure the soil is not too acidic, as they
usually grow in a slightly alkaline soil.  Do not overfertilize.  When
germinating seeds, use heat tape beneath the containers and that will help
with germination percentage.

Good luck!

I remember your mother--she was fun.  We had a great time in Sydney and I
miss it a lot--can't wait to get back.

Hottest regards,
Dave

-------- End of forwarded message --------