[CH] Fresh Wasabi

LadyDragonfly (ladydragonflyajh@qwest.net)
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:12:36 -0600

I don't know about real wasabi powder.  But I know that you can get Fresh
Wasabi airmailed to your door from:

http://www.freshwasabi.com

I think the sell wasabi paste now too.

I am not affiliated with them BTW.  However, I am a firm believer that you
haven't had Wasabi unless you have had REAL Wasabi.

Amanda

Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:05:04 -0400
From: Ray Pfaff <raypfaff@erols.com>
Subject: Re: [CH] OT Horsradish/Wasabi

Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

Great recipies (I'll have to try the mashed potatoes,) but I hate to rain on
everyone's parade here.  Are you using wasabi or died green horseradish?
It's
about impossible to find real wasabi powder in NA and, outside of California
think, completely impossible to find the root itself.
For that matter does anyone know if there's really a taste difference?
Until
someone pointed out to me that most Wasabi powder was just horseradish I
never
noticed.  Being a purist I hunted up some of the real stuff, but since I
grow
horseradish I prefer it to any jared or powdered equivalent.