Re: [CH] Over Wintering Peppers

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 08:31:15 -0400

You folks can save yourselves and the plants grief if you simply planted your
peppers in pots to begin with, no stress, no fuss and a great jump on the
following season.   Plus you get peppers almost all winter long.  Key to inside
wintering over is lots of sun and let the plant drop from lack of water before
watering again.  Doug has been doing it longer then dig is old and I for not so
long but always have potted plants growing.  So of the larger ones I bring into
school and face to a south window in the classroom, adds to the friendliness of
the room during those long winter days (along with spicing up some of those
young CHs).
When you dig up plants you'll find more critters coming in along with the plants
so be careful!  White flies are a bummer in the winter!
cheers and chilies
Chet