Re: [CH] stuffed peppers

buzz (buzzdean@wctc.net)
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:10:18 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike S" <mike@dmfarms.com>
To: "Emile & Dewi" <e.steenbrink@worldonline.nl>
Cc: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: [CH] stuffed Super Shephards & Anchos

> Dewi;
> I do the same thing with Hungarian Hots. You can also stuff them with
> chimora (Mexican sausage) or hot Italian sausage. Bake at 350F for 30
> minutes. To die for!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
here is a stuffed pepper we enjoy--Buzz
Cowtown Wolf Turds
 By Bigwheel

30-40 jalapeno Peppers
Pork Loin--slice thin strips ( I used tenderloin)
Soy Sauce
Bacon Strips cut in half
Lemon Pepper or Greek Seasoning

Split seed and devein peppers
Marinade pork in soy sauce
Stuff peppers with marinated pork
Wrap with bacon using toothpicks to hold together
Dust with seasoning

If you like very spicy food use habanero peppers and change the name to
Cowtown Dragon Turds.

Smoke or grill till done.

now we usually just cut the stem end, deseed&devein and stuff with following
homade sausage--in fact will make a bunch of these for our annual ribfest
Saturday

Bigwheel's Genuine Texas Hotlinks

6-7 lbs. Boston Butt
1 bottle beer
2 T. coarse ground black pepper
2 T. crushed red pepper
2 T. Cayenne
2 T. Hungarian Paprika
2 T. Mortons Tender Quick
1 T. Kosher Salt
1 T. Whole Mustard Seeds
1/4 cup minced fresh garlic
1 T. granulated garlic
1 T. MSG
1 t. ground bay leaves
1 t. whole anise seeds
1 t. corriander
1 t. ground thyme

Mix all the spices, cure, and garlic into the beer and place in
refrigerator
while you cut up the meat to fit in the grinder. Pour the spiced water
over
the meat and mix well. Run meat and spice mixture through the fine plate
and
mix again. Stuff into medium hog casings. Smoke or slow grill till they
are
done. Wrap in a piece of bread and slap on the mustard heavy. Bob Wills
music and Lone Star Beer on the side.