Re: [CH] Here we go again...

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:47:42 -0400

Basically what burns me now is what I want to burn me down the road.. i.e... hot
chile peppers!
What I am concerned with is the fact that thousands of "experimental areas" are
being farmed without any safe guards to crossing into an adjacent area.  Bees that
I keep don't ask whether or not they are cross pollinating modified plants or not,
they are just into collecting food supplies - upwards to 5-6 miles away.
Without any kind of standards or safe practices we could, and have gotten ourselves
into trouble.  I, personally, am glad there are people out there that cry wolf and
are genuinely concerned about their health and mine.
I want my habs to jals to stay hot and safe to eat.
Let the population know what they are eating and where these test areas are and
what they're growing.
Check this out..
http://www.environet.org/proactive/newsroom/release.vtml?id=22914

And with that I'll end my tirade and go back to reading good karma stuff about
chilies and recipes.