More OT Crap..Delete as you please: Re: [CH] Here we go again...

Inagaddadavida, Baby (raelsixfour@home.com)
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:30:31 -0600

At 6:01 PM +0000 8/23/01, mstevens@exit109.com wrote:
>At 08:47 PM 8/22/01 -0400, Byron wrote:
>>Here is a chance to be counted.
>>

>>http://www.gefoodalert.org/
>>

>Interesting.  Organic farmers have been gleefully spraying BT on their crops
>for over 30 years (Not to mention animal poop), and consumers swayed
>by Madison
>Avenue hype have been lining up to pay a premium for it.  Now that a more
>efficient means of introducing it to the plant has been developed it has
>suddenly become a "poison?"

in a phrase: genetic drift.  And after that comes the unknown as new
crossings occur with various plant life.  This is undeniable, however
slight it may be/occur.

Also, the sudden increase in BT usage may very well whelm the
environment, possibly leading to various BT tolerant flora that
should not have such tolerance.

Rael