[CH] Bowers Chile Festival, Directions

Tim Eichman (hothead.tim@eichman.net)
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:42:39 -0400

From: Willaim Polak <valfarm@juno.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 9:44 PM

> Can anyone tell me where Bill DeLong Park is once we get to Bowers? We're
> coming to the festival for the first time and don't want to be driving
> around lost, if we can help it. Thanks

Here's how to get there from just about anywhere...  I'm guessing, from Hyde
Park, NY, you'd head into Jersey and pick up I-78 and follow the "Allentown,
PA and East" directions.

Allentown, PA and East:
1) I-78 (or US-22) West to PA-100 (Fogelsville/Trexlertown interchange)
2) South on PA-100 to the second light, turn right (Schantz Road--look for
signs to Reading)
3) Follow Schantz Road to first stop sign (end of Schantz Road) and continue
stright onto PA-222
4) PA-222 South to the First Kutztown exit (turn into Main Street)
5) Main Street to the third traffic light (Noble Street), turn left
6) Noble Street out of Kutztown, past Renningers Farm Market (on the right
at the top of the hill), to Bastian Road (first intersection after
Renningers and before the road bends left), turn left.
7) Bastian Road until you come to a stop sign (Bowers Road), turn right
8) Bowers Park is just past the railroad tracks on the right (just past
Bowers Hotel [left])

Note: Meadow View Farms (James Weavers' place), is on the left at the
intersection of Bowers and Bastian Roads.  Great selection of peppers ever
year (I just love Alma's pepper jams and jellies!)

Reading, PA and Southwest:
1) US-222 North to SECOND Kutztown exit (PA-737), turn left at end of ramp.
2) Follow to traffic light (Main Street) and turn right.
3) Main Street one light to Noble Street, turn left.
4) Follow from #6 above.

PA Turnpike (Northeast Exstension [aka I-476])
1) I-476 (Northeast Extension of the Turnpike) to Lehigh Valley.
2) When leaving toll booths, follow US-22 West (left lane).
3) Follow the the Allentown directions starting at #1

Harrisburg, PA and West:
1) I-78 East to PA-737 (Kutztown Exit), turn left at end of ramp.
2) PA-737 into Kutztown to first traffic light (Main Street) and turn right.
3) Main Street one light to Noble Street, turn left.
4) Follow from #6 above.

For a map, check Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/) and search for "Bowers
Rd & Old Bowers Rd, Bowers, PA 19511".  (Or if you can click this link:
http://mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn%2Ftwn-map_results&random=565&e
vent=find_search&SNVData=&address=bowers+rd+%26+old+bowers+rd&city=bowers&St
ate=pa&Zip=19511&Find+Map.x=0&Find+Map.y=0 )

Hope to see you there!

-Tim Eichman, Allentown PA