Re: [CH] Re: Heat

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 21:08:22 -0600

on 9/7/01 14:57, T at joemama@ticino.com wrote:

> Unfortunately, the only way to get bagels here in CH is to make them
> yourself.
>
> What is 'French Feta' (I know what normal Feta is)?
>
> Tom

Tom,

Yes, I have forgotten the times when I took bagels from New York back home
(to Switzerland). Now I take them for granted ....

Any Feta cheese is fine. I shop at this Middle Eastern store where they have
3 different Feta's - a Greek and another one from some where in the Middle
East for $2.99 a pound and a French Feta for $3.99 a pound. The French Feta
is of higher quality and certainly tastes much better. So I didn't think
when I wrote French Feta - applicable just at that one Middle Eastern store,
Arash. But definitely any good quality fresh Feta will be great.

Tom, what about trying the Serranos and Feta on delicious Swiss croissants
or Zopf / Butterzopf? I'm getting homesick: when I was a child we had Zopf
and croissants every Sunday. All the wonderful Swiss breads will do fine
too.

Missing Switzerland, best regards,

Eruna