Re: [CH] aahh Savina!

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:36:51 -0600

on 9/9/01 23:36, Scott at peechdog@bellsouth.net wrote:

> so, i've never had the chance to try a red savina product before
> <virgin>, though i often get the orange ones easily found at the markets
> here in fort lauderdale. i like those a lot ... good heat, nice fruity
> flavor. however, the red savina is some kind of different heat!
> for breakfast on sunday, i did a bagel with cream cheese sprinkled with
> the plain RS powder. the other patrons at Einstein's bagels must have
> thought i was either an emotional wreck, coming off an overdose of Ghb,
> or just having a complete breakdown. i kept sniffling and wheezing, like
> my girlfriend had just told me she's leaving me for the pool boy (she
> hasn't, yet). she's not into the heat and thought i made a fool of
> myself. i had, perhaps, but so what. this is some fabulous heat. (THANKS
> UNCLE STEVE)

Scott and fellow chile-heads,

A little story about my 10 year old daughter and Uncle Steve's savina
powder:

When the container arrived I tried a little bit - great stuff - and kept it
on the counter to save it for use in restaurants. Several days later when I
was packing the container, I noticed that the part with the smoked savina
was half empty. I must have looked really puzzled. My ten year old then said
calmly: Mom I hope you don't mind, I have been using it. Especially the part
which tastes like Jerky is so yummy!

Good taste, I guess,

Eruna

By the way, she is the same one about whom I wrote the following earlier:
When Izumi was two, she ate lunch at an Indian restaurant (buffet style).
The food was quite spicy. She wanted some of everything and ate the whole
plate. Only when walking out, she finally said: <Hmm, was that spicy!>.