Re: [CH] Food Safari Find Question

Eric Murray (ericm@lne.com)
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:36:35 -0700

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 07:24:31PM -0400, RisaG wrote:
> I dragged my DH on a "Food Safari" today. He had the day off from work, Trev
> had the day off from school (it was closed for some lame reason) and I
> needed to go to the supermarket.
>
> First we went to the new one, called Weis. It is a wonderful supermarket.
> They had the usual chiles - thai's, banana peppers and jalapenos. They also
> sell Grandma Renfro's salsas. Haven't tried them yet but was wondering if
> they are any good. I've seen them on the net. Was supposed to get a free
> sample a few years ago and it never showed up. What's new?

Mrs. Renfro's makes a couple salsas that I like, or used to.

I used to go through a lot of the green salsa.  It's somewhat hot
but not too hot, lots of onions, the peppers are jalapenos I beleive.
I mostly like 'El Yucatano' green habanero sauce now instead, more of
a chile flavor and a little hotter.

Mrs. Renfro's mild red sauce goes well on mild chile relaneos. (sp, sorry)
It's quite mild.

Eric