Re: [CH] Eat the Heat Tapes

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:20:24

>From: "Dibbler" <dibbler@home.se>

>Ok .... I´m new on this list ..... semi atleast :) ... what are these Eat
>the Heat tapes I see posts about ?

Actually, we've been talking about eating "heat tapes" which you can find at
some of the larger do-it-yourself home remodeleing stores.

*ducks to avoid a shower of half-rotted heatless jalapenos*

The show was a special called Eat the Heat, hosted by Tyler Florence who
also hosts the Food 911 show on the Food TV network.  He visited several
locations and explained quite a bit about the peppers themselves, the
recipes and cooking techniques, and the RAVING LUNATICS who eat them.  Some
list members appear in the show (I'm in it for about 3/4 of a second) and
the people who shot some of the video joined the list.  There is a sequence
shot in the Great Mysterious Secret Habanero Field Somewhere in Indiana,
which some of us will re-visit on October 6 - 7.

A few copies of the tapes were sent out among the list members, and it seems
by now all of them have been lost somewhere along the way, for whatever
reason.  The show still is aired once in a while, but I don't know if you
are able to get that network channel in Sweden.

- A