Re: [CH] Re: HOT INDIAN

Sujatha Matsuno (su_matsuno@yahoo.com)
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

--- Eruna Schultheiss <eruna@taom.com> wrote:
> on 9/29/01 20:18, Alex Silbajoris at
> asilbajo@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > It seems a bit odd that, with the global
> representation on this list, we
> > don't have many people posting from India.  I'm on
> a tech writers' mailing
> > list that has a lot more content from various
> people there.  Who knows,
> > maybe they'll stumble upon us....
>
> Alex,
>
> I agree, I wish we had more people from India on our
> list. However, I am not
> that surprised by the fact that not many Indians
> come across us and join us
> chile-heads. I eat quite a bit spicier than most -
> if not all - of our
> Indian friends. What about if we all go on a
> recruiting spree?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Eruna

I am Keralite from Malaysia, married to a second
generation Japanese American.
He eats heat and I can usually be found in a bucket
of yogurt doing breastrokes trying to soothe poor
mouth.
My father who hails from Kerala says that as he gets
older he is unable to stomach my cooking.
My mom was surprised at how very spicy my cooking got
as I grew older.
The part of Kerala my parents hail from has a mixture
of CHs and non-CHs.
The household cooks at my grandma's house in India,
make two batches of everything.
I know for a fact that the cuisine of the Keralites
who've
dwellved alongside the shores of the Arabian sea are
rather spicy and pungent.
Oh,oh, have started drooling,must go.

su