Re: [CH] Miss Dewi's wav file

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 22:40:23 -0500

Emile & Dewi wrote:

> Hi Russ and John,
>
> Yes, I'm trying to pronounce my name. While I was working at a diner in FL,
> my manager noticed people had trouble pronouncing my name from my ID tag.
> They would say Dewey. So I made a sticker with the right pronounciation
> which caused greater confusion. It said Day-we but people would pronounce
> the W whit too much lip while it is easier to sorta bite your bottom lip
> while buzzing the W. Does this make sense?!?!?!?! So finally to make it
> easier for everybody my manager just said to call myself Davey as in
> Crockett. So I went from Huey, Dewey and Louiey to Davey Crockett. But it
> worked I guess.

  Hey, Queen (?) of the wild frontier,

  Thanks for addressing this persistently perplexing issue.  I listened to the
wav file at the site a few times a couple of months ago, and I also thought you
sounded like you were pronouncing it "Dave-E".  Although, after reading it so
many times for so long before having heard it, I still automatically pronounce
it "Dew-E", and have to correct myself afterward.  Anywhoooo, I unfortunately
won't have time to mail your "stuff" until probably next week, as we have a very
busy weekend coming up... which also prevents my attendance of the Open Fields;
damnit!!!

  A little more on-topic:

  My (first ever home-grown) Fatalii pods look like they might possibly try to
ripen before the frost hits (thanks for the seeds last year Alex).  Also,
finally have some little pods starting on the Choc. Scotch Bonnet.  5 gal.
buckets are in the works for both, and they will be saved from the harsh cruelty
that is Mother Nature during a WI winter.  The only Thai Sun (a Pepper Joe
staple) I planted this year had a few early season problems (all due to the
overly wet Spring weather).  But currently it's the cutest little
"almost-bonsai" chile you could want; and in true Thai Sun fashion, is still
trying to produce pods up the wazoo (is that spelled correctly; I never took any
anatomy courses?).

--
Erich
C-H # 2099  Wishing I could attend the Fields, no matter what the weather turns