[CH] Re: where

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:28:10

>From: Shantihhh@aol.com

>Yesterday I looked at the back label of a jar of Badia "pimenton ahumado"
>smoked paprkia I have on hand.  It said the peppers are smoked over oak,
>for
>eight to ten days.
>
>Alex,
>
>Where did you buy this????  I have read about it only.  Is it different
>from
>the reg Spanish paprika?
>
>Mary-Anne

Yes, it definitely has a different flavor, a mallow smokiness with just a
moderate-to-low heat.  I think I got this jar when visiting my sister in
Miami, but look for a display of the Badia seasonings (they have a large
line) and you may find it.  Here in central Ohio, at least, there are more
and more "latin" products available.

- A