Re: [CH] **SIMPLE** pepper marinade wamted

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:29:56 +0100

I always do *very* improvised marinades. Usually I just put whatever
meat in a plastic bag and try to create some basic balance between
salt, sweet, acid, heat and turpentine - like olive oil, japanese
soy, lime/lemon (I never use vinegar, too tart), wine,
thyme/rosemary/pine/juniper (that's the turpentine; if you are
hardcore, use diesel...  ;), honey, and my weekly favourite peppers
(right now that'd be Tepin powder from JimC).

If you have tough meat, add some kiwi fruit. It will tender
everything in just 15 minutes.

Proportions? It is all in the wrist... Just pour it all into the
plastic bag, and leave it for a few hours, occasionally massaging it.

If you barbeque it, finish it off with JimC's Original Finishing
Sauce or Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce (both are sweet and glaces well).

Guess I'm not that organized,
(big surprize),
Kris

On 23 Oct 01, Love2Troll wrote:

> I ordered some pepper powders & flakes from Uncle Steve recently &
> would like to incorporate them into a marinade.

> Can olive oil be used as a base for a marinade?  Vinegar?
> A store clerk suggested Seven Seas Italian dressing.

> Am just looking for something simple that doesn't need a lot of
> ingredients.  I can always tweak it if I like the basic taste.

Kristofer Blennow ° Stockholm, Sweden
Non Sive Sive, Sed Et Et