Re: [CH] **SIMPLE** pepper marinade wanted

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:10:03 -0600

on 10/23/01 11:29, Kristofer Blennow at kristofer@blennow.se wrote:
> I always do *very* improvised marinades...

> On 23 Oct 01, Love2Troll wrote:
>> Am just looking for something simple that doesn't need a lot of
>> ingredients.  I can always tweak it if I like the basic taste.

John and Kris,

Marinades for chicken breasts call for improvisation and experimentation. I
could never imagine to follow a recipe; it's just too much fun to play.

Basically, I have a very similar approach as you Kris - I guess we are both
Europeans... The kiwi fruit for tenderizing is new and interesting, never
did that, so I will give it a try next time.

Let me list what I do differently from Kris to give you some more ideas
John:

I do use vinegar, especially balsamic, champagne or sherry with herbs
infused, which I think both tenderizes the chicken, as well as improves the
taste. Also, mustard (both paste and powder) and horse radish powder often
end up in my marinades. Of course my tabasco infused sherry has its place,
ground herbs from my own herb garden, cayenne or savina powder... whatever
comes to mind. Like you Kris I use olive or another oil in the marinade and
the hot sauces for the finishing.

Hope that helps John, but really you can't go wrong, just play with it and
have fun. Tschau,

Eruna