Re: [CH] Chipotle's

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:40:16 -0700

On Sunday, November 4, 2001, at 07:30 , kennethbaker wrote:

> I will admit that their green "hot" sauce is quite flavorful, and
> the girls at the counter keep looking at me in dismay when I ask for
> extra.
> Still, the "heat" is not searing, eye-watering, or whatever, butI have
> found
> that if I take along a bottle of my favorite Jamaican hot sauce
> (Grace's), I
> can perk it up a bit.....

and

> On Saturday, November 3, 2001, at 06:20 , Mike S wrote:
>
> Finally got to try the Chipotle Grill. When I asked the girl at the
> counter
> what dishes actually had chipotle in them, she gave me a puzzled look
> and
> said "huh??". I had the "Barbacoa" and the wife had chicken tacos. Food
> wasn't to bad, no heat. Only sauces they had were red Tobasco, and green
> Tobasco.

Hmm, Ken and Mike and others,

I am wondering whether their are regional differences in the heat levels
of their sauce?
  I checked with my husband, who is a native Coloradan,  and who can eat
very spicy when it comes to Mexican food (I beat him when it's Asian);
and both of us feel that - at least until recently - Chipotles hottest
salsa-sauce was the reason we got their burritos. At the one location
where we got our take-out, their orange reddish sauce had a nice bite.
We stopped taking out from there, because the quality of the rice etc.
went downhill, but did like that one sauce.

Maybe they have changed their sauce? Maybe they make a spicier one here
in Colorado? We'll see, maybe I'll give it another try ...
Tschau,

Eruna