Re: [CH] Serious De-Lurking going on

InagaddadavidaBaby (rael64@qwest.net)
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:40:13 -0700

><Lurking mode off>
>
>Hi All,
>
>I have been a lurking member of the Chile Heads'
>mailing list for a VERY long time, and on the odd

it's good to step out into the light on occassion :)

<snip>

>I am Southern Hemisphere CH, from South Africa, who
>considers himself a devoted CH.  I must admit though,
>that Hab. chiles really test my resolve, they are a
>bit too much for me.  I am more of a Serreno / Thai
>Chile fan.  In fact, one of my 'babies' is a 4 year

personally, i drift back and forth as to my tolerance, if not just
"liking" of chiles...if one is slamming down 3 meals a day, all chile
influenced foods, and chasing it with habanero chocolate milkshakes,
well, one's tolerance is gonna be pretty durn high...on the other
hand, if you simply enjoy the "occassional" (define that as you
desire) hot meal, one's tolerance is gonna be lower...

regardless of one's Level of Tolerance, as long as ya respect El
Chile, bow down to El Grande, and ain't a genetic engineer (sorry,
couldn't resist <g>), you are as much a CH as anyone...

>bit late, but better late than not at all).  They are
>a mixture of Thai, Golden Habeneros, Red Habeneros,
>Serrenos, Jalepenos, Hot Waxes and a couple of others.
>  So far I have seen no evidense of sprouting, although
>the tomato plants that I planted at the same time have
>sprouted.  Can anyone comment on this.  Once before I
>planted Habeneros and they took 6 - 8 weeks to show
>themselves.

indoors? outdoors? need good heat to germinate, moisture...others on
the list more GreenThumbed than I....I tend to run my finger in the
dirt, toss in a few seeds, lightly cover, water, dance nekkid, and
say a prayer to Da Big Chileman (no, not you chileman...)

or buy seedlings, as you mentioned <g>...

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles...
Rael64

"A Monsanto official told the New York Times, October 25, 1998, that
the corporation should not have to take responsibility for the safety
of its food products. "Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the
safety of biotech food," said Phil Angell, Monsanto's director of
corporate communications. "Our interest is in selling as much of it
as possible. Assuring its safety is the FDA's job."