Re: [CH] Re: Piri-Piri - Whiskey question V8 #457

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 12:02:13 -0500

Hi C-H's,

Gareth wrote:

>This thread got me to thinking of why I like some Whiskys in particular over
>others, and the common denominator seems to be the amount of 'peat-iness' in
>the drink. Two favourites for this are the Glenlivet, and probably my fave,
>Bowmore. Both are very peaty and give the whisky a wonderful 'smoky' taste,
>which is how I like my chiles, very smoked...chipotle being my favourite at
>the moment.

For peat try the Islay whiskies. For smoke - Talisker, Isle of Skye.

>Gareth (up here in a very wet and windy Scotland, wondering if the habs are
>*ever* going to ripen...)

Stop complaining man - you actually had a Summer this year!!
Bring your habs indoors and get plenty of light on them. C. chinense
like lots of heat and light.
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.