[CH] =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Mustard,_Tsch=FCss,_bananas_&_coffee?=

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:30:11 -0700

On Sunday, November 11, 2001, at 12:27 , Mary & Riley wrote:

> Eruna,
>
> I figured out tschau on my own, but what's "Tschüss"?  Hmmm, Mary, of
> German extraction, passing through tells me it's 'ciao'.

Riley,

Mary is right. It's the Swiss German version of 'ciao'. We use both
Tschau and Tschüss.
The slight difference between the two lies in Tschüss being slightly
more intimate, with a closer, warmer feel. For example, you wouldn't say
Tschüss to someone you don't like....

> Please count my vote for your mustard recipes.

Promise, they will come, but please give me a little bit of time.
So here we go, with a tschüss,

Eruna