Re: [CH] 5 AM RESERVE

Dan D Niles (dan@more.net)
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:52:27 -0600

Brent Thompson writes:

 > Unfortunately, I understand the company that made this product is no longer
 > in business, hence Habanero 750 no longer made or available. :-(
 >
 > I would love to hear of a second representative of this class of product.
 >
 >  ---   Brent

It is my understanding that the guy who made Habanero 750 started a
new company which now makes Mad Dog's Revenge (and others).  Perhaps
Mad Dog's Revenge has the same good flavor.  I personally have not
tried Mad Dog's Revenge in any concentration significant enough to pin
the taste down.  The color is quite frightening, it is a VERY deep red
almost brown/black.  It looks hot!  It makes a great additive for
Chilli.  I added 1/4tsp to my (already hot) chilli recipe and I was
the only one who could eat it.

I have not opened my bottle of Habanero 750 yet, but I assume that
it is very similar to Mad Dog's Revenge.

Dan