Re: [CH] a new hot sauce...

bill jernigan (billjernigan@iqonline.net)
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 08:08:04 -0500

At 01:03 PM 11/18/01 +0000, Peter Moss wrote:

> > peri-peri bean?...anybody know what this is?...
>
>Marketing bulldust for "If you knew what we were talking about
>you would not buy it at this price"  The chile they are talking
>about is a small erect growing conical chile ~10mm +/- 5mm long.

thanks, peter...that was my guess, but had never heard it called a
'bean'...i have read the many varations of peri-peri sauce that have passed
thru here in the past several years, but this is a very different
concoction from any of those (no single malt scotch, for one)...and for
$2.99, i will continue to buy it...it's good stuff...

i have had less than spectacular sucess trying to grow chiles on my sunless
balcony...but the orientation (and tree shade) of the balcony will be a big
factor in choosing my next apartment...

bill

Hi!  You have reached 555-0129. None of us are here to answer the phone and
the cat doesn't have opposing thumbs, so his messages are illegible.  Please
leave your name and message after the beep...