Re: [CH] Balada & Indian PC1 Cultivation

Charles Knaper (cpknaper@hotsprings.net)
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 23:54:43 -0600

I may be able to help some here...

Robert Pace wrote:

> I recently purchased some seeds from reimerseeds.com (I purchased the Indian
> PC 1 seeds)....

As I did, as well..

> Also how hard would it be for me to grow the Indian PC 1 peppers indoors
> this winter, and what kind of equipment would I require?

On 10/18/01 I soaked 10 of the PC-1 seeds in Potasium Nitrate for approximately
4 hours. I placed them on top of 1 inch of seed starting material that had been
dampened and placed covering the bottom of a 1lb, potato salad container. I
spaced the seeds out evenly on the surface. Then I placed about an eigth of an
inch od  seed starting material on top of the seeds, then sprayed everything
with more water. I then sealed the container with it's lid, and placed the
container on top of my satelite reciever, which has a warm corner 24 hrs a day.
I checked the container daily, re-wetting only if dry.  On day 6, I started
seeing seedlings poping up. I removed the lid on day 8 and migrated the
container to under a 2 tube shop lite that sits about 6 inches above the
container taking about 24 hours before it had full direct light above. For the
next week, I checked that the container and seedlings never dried, but stayed
moist. Once the first true leaves developed, I transplanted each seedling into a
seperate 16 ounce cup filled with miracle-grow potting soil.  I continue to keep
the cups under the lights 24 hours a day. Seedlings/plants are now about 2
inches above the soil, growing new leaves well, and should be ready to
transplant again in January. Will probably use a 1 gqallon pot next, and then do
my final transplant after last frost here in Arkansas.  Have NO idea though as
to what final plant - fruit will like though.

Am doing the same with Datil. Piquin, Louisana Hot, Chocolate Habanero, White
Habanero, Peach Habanero, White Fire, Francisca, Hatch Anaheim, Ortega, and
Caribean Red.  Have cuttings from Red Savina, Red Dominican, Orange Habanero and
Firecracker under Shop lights as well, so it keeps me busy checking & watering..

Charles

back to lurk mode...