RE: [CH] New Chips - Lay's Bistro Cheddar-Jalapeno

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:07:18 -0700

At 9:11 PM +0000 11/27/01, Parkhurst, Scott Contractor wrote:
>  > Lay's Bistro flavor - Cheddar-Jalapeno. Not really
>>  any noticeable heat but great flavor.
>
>    I didn't notice any heat either, but I did not
>like the flavor. Not particularly cheddaree, not much
>jalapenoness, not very impressive otherwise.
>    I'm still trying to find a store that carries
>Snyder's of Hanover Jalapeno Chips.  Those are great,
>but all the local stores only carry their line of
>pretzels.
>
>Scott... KCK

tried 'em...wasn't impressed...ah well...

BUT: i haven't done it, yet all this talk of jalapeno flavored tater
chips makes me think: why not stuff jalapenos with a potato mixture
of some sort, bread, deep fry, and see if that don't beat all, baby...

okay, okay, i know the point is convenience...hmmm <Rael
thinks...watch out for falling rocks>...

...hmmm...

...hmmm...

<scratches, uh, an area...>

...hmmm?...

okay, slice japs (or your preference) into thin rings, and dry to
that very crisp stage (shouldn't be hard due to thinness of rings).
Now take your average bag of chips (again, your preference), toss in
the dried jap/etc. rings, and voila, hot chips!

damn i'm good...

actually, i just can't figure out why they don't season them with
just a nice cayenne powder (or hab, for that matter) like BBQ chips
or the like...guess there just ain't enough of us chileheads around...

TIME TO BREED MORE! email for my address :)

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...Hell would be knowing someone out there (under 18) could call
me Daddy..."64
Monk of the TCS
Order of Enlightened Twister