Re: [CH] RE: WI Brats

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:56:19 -0600

David Cook wrote:

> ... They are coarse ground all-beef, seasoned with spices (coriander, etc.)
> and
> usually sold fresh (i.e. not pre-cooked). They are best boiled (in beer and
> onions) and then grilled over charcoal, served in a brat bun (a crusty roll)
> with mustard and onions (fresh or grilled). Ketchup is a personal
> preference, though I consider it wrong. Some good pickled chiles don't hurt
> either.

  ??????  What happened to the sauerkraut???  Are you sure you used to live
here???  ;-)))))

  Can't forget the other essentials aside from kraut, onions, and mustard, those
being mayo, cheese, and bbq sauce.  But then, I tend to be a condiment junkie.

> Ex-Wisconsinites like myself have been known to go to extremes to get find
> proper bratwurst outside the motherland -- like hauling ten pounds of frozen
> meat back on planes.
>
> David "Zeb" Cook

  My wife's Aunt and Uncle live near a place that makes their own buns to go
with the home made brats they produce, since you would need two normal sized
buns for one otherwise.  The diameter is normal, it's just the length that
prompts a comment that I'll let everyone make in their own minds....  you
naughty, knuckle dragging people you.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099