[CH] Re: Chips

Babs Woods (babs@funhouse.com)
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 07:37:42 -0500

        Pods,

> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:33:03 -0500
> From: "Paul Karpowicz" <hondamedic@mediaone.net>
> Subject: Re: [CH] Chips
>
> Andy,
>
>   Please don't think Polish delicacies are only made in PA. My
> family has spent the last forty years stuffing perogies with
> potato/sauerkraut/cheese for Easter & X-mas & the occasional
> special event. Toughest part is gettin' the dough just right
> so it sticks when folded/doesn't split when boiled & keeps
> from bursting when fried.
>
> Just remembered we'll be workin' on 'em in two weeks!!!   Yummy!!
>
>    Papulsku Karpovich (Paul Karpowicz in American)
> PS Maybe I can talk them into some Chile infused ones.

I have had Mrs. T's frozen ones that were made with potato, I think
cheese, and definitely jalapeno.  I will eat those for food.  Man!
They may have been test marketing them when I saw them, though.  I
haven't seen them in the frozen aisle in many months.  I'd say to
just add some finely chopped fresh jalapeno to the potato+onion+
cheese filling, probably to taste.  I may have to try to make some
on my own this winter if I don't find more.  These I could make a
meal of happily, and have (hence, "I will eat these for food").

As to chips, from the vending machines where he works my husband can
currently get Snyder's of Hanover Jalapeno Potato Chips.  They're
pretty good.  I thought they were hotter than the usual assumption
by many mainstream purveyors of what is hot ("there was a small jar of
cayenne or other hot pepper powder in the plant when they were made"
sort of thing), and a nice "green" flavour from the jalapenos in
the chips.  He keeps bringing me the small bags of these from work.
There's no telling how many bags of them he eats at work while
bringing me this one bag home.  I can't say I blame him.  I'll have
to look for them at the market this weekend, maybe they'll carry
them but I'm not expecting it.

                                -babs

--
"Excuse me while I dance a little jig of despair."