Re: [CH] chile cheesecake?

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:27:09 -0500

Here is our fav..

 Chet and Mary's CheeseCake
 By:  ChetandMary@chetbacon.com
  cheesecake, chet's favorites

  2        each  graham crackers; crush into powder
  1        lb      Cottage Cheese small curd; cream it by passing it through a
sieve
  2        8 ounce packages     cream cheese; softened
  1 1/2    cups                 Sugar
  4        each                 eggs large; slightly beaten
  1/3      cup                  corn starch
  1        tablespoon           lemon juice; fresh squeezed
  1        teaspoon             vanilla
  1/2      cup                  margarine; melted
  1        pint                 sour cream

 Take the two full size graham crackers and crush them into a powder, dust a
  9 inch spring form pan.    (coat the sides of the pan with a bit of butter to
get it to hang onto it)
 Drain and then sieve the cottage cheese, the drier the better, into a large
  mixing bowl.
 Add the cream cheese.  Beat with a mixer at high until completely mixed
 together and creamy then add the sugar and eggs.
 Reduce speed to low and add corn starch and vanilla, beat until blended
 then add the margarine and sour cream blend together at low speed.  Pour
 into the spring pan.
 Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until edges are
 firm.  Do not open the oven for the first 55 minutes or so.  When firm at
 edges turn off oven keeping the door closed let it sit for more 2 hours.
 Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.  Remove spring form side and
 chill.
 Serves about 12 people
 You also can freeze the cheese cake and/or top with your favorite fruit
 when ready to serve - cherries or strawberries are our choice - whip cream
 on top works as well.
 Some friends have put shredded coconut on top just before putting it in the
  oven. - whatever works works.
 Enjoy
 Chet&Mary Bacon - Plantsville CT USA

 Yield:  12 servings