Re: [CH] Starter Peppers for Spring

Paul Karpowicz (hondamedic@mediaone.net)
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:52:38 -0500

Hi Rob,
Just received the Totally Tomatoes seed catalog & saw their offering a
"hotter" Jalapeno. You can read about it at:
http://www.totallytomato.com/detail.cfm?SKU=00006
And "bigger" than a normal Jal to boot.
As far as recommending seed retailers, that can be very touchy. Someone, at
some point in time, had a problem with some seed supplier. As I remember
there was a big uproar over Remier Seeds because buyers thought they were
getting the now infamous "Naga Jolokia" when they bought the PC-1. Not
Remier's fault buyers assumed they were getting something other than what
the catalog stated, but an uproar none the less.
Having said that, we have some seed suppliers on this list. I was very happy
with seeds received from Dave Anderson's Tough Love Chile Co./online at
http://www.tough-love.com
& plan on ordering from Uncle Steve at http://ushotstuff.com/Seed.Source.htm
this year. We also have a plant supplier, Susan Bowers at
http://home.bluemarble.net/~chilewmn/home.html & another great plant
supplier is http://www.chileplants.com/chile.htm
(Hope I didn't leave anybody on the list out!)
Hope this helps,
Paul
PS You seem interested in the "hottest" pepper. According to a lot of
sources, the hottest is the Red Savina & available at
http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=White+Flower&produ
ct%5Fid=1963