Re: [CH] Black Pepper, why???

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 18:16:50 -0800

Mike....I use all of the various chile peppers dried, the ones I grow,
and the ones I get from some of these other Heads....BUT I also use a
Turkish coffee grinder, which we keep filled with black pepper corns,
and we use that liberally(is that different from Republicanly?)as well
as the ground chile powders. They all have a different flavour which
adds to our food, and I would never be without our freshly ground black
pepper! I am fortunate in having this old grinder, which is identical to
the one that Smith, the Frugal Gourmet used on his show. I happened to
find one in an antique shop, and bought it for $75.00 Cdn. I have turned
down twice that for it. It is brass, and polishes up really well, and
has Arabian dancing girls etched into the brass, at least 19th century!
Works like new, however! Cheers, Doug in BC    A Merry Christmas to All,
and to All, a Good Night!