Re: [CH] Whats wrong with this picture?

Robert Pace (chronos@eastky.net)
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 18:34:27 -0500

It looks to be some kind of plant disease viral/fungal/bacterial.  But I am
not a botanist (though had a few courses).  I would be sure to isolate it
from other house plants just incase its contagious.  Sometimes moving plants
from outside to inside creates a shock to the plants system which leaves
them susceptible to disease.

You may want to send a picture to someone in charge of your local
agriculture and see if he has any idea what the plant disease is and perhaps
he can suggest a treatment.

--
Rob
QuePID / Dalnet
chronos@eastky.net
quepid@quepid.org
www.quepid.org
Southern FireOak Coven
Harlan, KY

From: <tnchile_head@hwyman.mailshell.com>
To: <Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 4:50 PM
Subject: [CH] Whats wrong with this picture?

> Chile Heads,
>
> I know I do more listening then writing with this group, but being the
greenhorn that I am with growing chilies I just don't feel comfortable
giving advice. With enough said here is my problem. This past summer I grew
several chiles in my backyard, and decided to bring one of them inside this
winter. Two months back while watering my hab, I noticed white specks on the
top sides of my plant's leaves. I sprayed the plant's leaves off with a
water hose, then sprayed it with Safers insecticidal soap.
> Today I am back with the same problem again. I took some pictures of the
plant in hopes that someone here might guide me in the right direction of
what actions to take with my plant. I uploaded jpg photos at my site, so
they may be viewed. The site can be accessed with your browser at