Re: [CH] kim chi - buried

AndyB (quark@erols.com)
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:01:50 -0500

Kimchee notes.

I had the good fortune to go to Korea a couple years ago -- where they
really have good kimchi:  breakfast kimchee, lunch kimchee and dinner
kimchee.  All much better and somewhat more peppery than what is
commonly available in the US.

I was told that the "best" kimchee is placed in a tightly-covered,
unglazed crock and buried for about 6 months.  - Never had the
opportunity to try it though.

=> Please, no b-word flood.

AndyB