[CH] Re: scallops

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:29:58

>From: jim@wildpepper.com

>My dad informs me that sometimes they will 'cookie
>cutter' shark meat and sell that for scallops as well.

Oh well, that's not as bad as the imitation crab legs - processed,
reconstituted, shaped, and then colored - the seafood equivalent of Spam.

I remember wading around in the Scioto River in the 1960s, finding huge clam
shells.  Some of the crayfish can get pretty big, too.  It makes me wonder
if the Indians could just walk out and gather a bunch of them for a meal.

Seems those little bay scallops would be good for stuffing peppers, has
anyone done that?

- A