Re: [CH] scallops

RisaG (radiorlg@yahoo.com)
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:19:01 -0800 (PST)

Jim, I heard on TV Food Network that that is illegal
to do now. That was done years ago. Now there is some
law that says they can't do that (not that it stops
some folks).

Just make sure that the scallop has the little flap on
it and you know it is a real scallop. Also, scallops
have a much whiter color than shark meat. A different
texture too.

I bought some sea scallops at the supermarket at
Christmas time - on sale for $7.99 a lb. Usually $4
more a lb the rest of the year.

I made coquilles st. jacques - no chiles. I wouldn't
have been able to taste the chiles anyway - had strep
throat and no voice or taste buds to speak of.

The scallops with the chipotle on them sounds great to
me. I have all my tastebuds back!

--- jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
> I love scallops as well.  Especially flame grilled
> with bacon and
> sprinkled with chipotle.  Going to have some next
> week when I visit my
> folks in Florida.  My dad informs me that sometimes
> they will 'cookie
> cutter' shark meat and sell that for scallops as
> well.
>
> -Jim C
> Mild to Wild

=====